Sunday, June 29, 2008

Follow up on two short sells I recommended

It is not difficult to make predictions in a down market. In May  I made calls on two stocks, CROCs Footwear and Ruby Tuesday Restaurants. They both had just released their Q1 earnings and I made a call by spending some time with their 10-K and their proposed strategy. While 3 months is a short time to check back, a quick view of their current market prices justify the short call.

RT is now trading at $5.8 down 21%  from $7.35
CROX is now trading at  $8.25 down 30%  from $11.81

Compared to this S&P 500 is at 1283.6 down 8.1% 1397.68.

So not all weakness in these two stocks are due to market downturn. Motley Fool's Tim Hanson called Crox attractive at current prices. But given  the red flags in their accounting it is good to stay out longer.

No comments:









This blog, its contents and all the posts are solely my own personal opinions and definitely not my employers'. I do not represent any other individual, organization or client in this blog.