Saturday, April 12, 2008

A perfect application for Squidoo lens

I found a perfect application for Squidoo lens, or I should say, Squidoo lens is a perfect tool for the task I had in hand. I created a LinkedIn group called Boulder Net, to bring together professionals in Boulder. I needed a website for this group but I did have the time or resources to buy, design and constantly update one. I wanted the website to be a place holder and dynamically updated with a collection of RSS feeds relating to events, jobs, startups in and around Boulder. The main purpose of this website is to feed users to the LinkedIn group. Nothing more.

Squidoo fit the bill perfectly and more. I created a lens in no time and added several RSS feeds. For something that is not searchable, (you can't even search for groups within LinkedIn, let alone Google) now there is a link from a site that is as good as professionally done and with valid and current content.

There is just absolutely no excuse these days for not having a great website.

No comments:









This blog, its contents and all the posts are solely my own personal opinions and definitely not my employers'. I do not represent any other individual, organization or client in this blog.